Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Children of Great Grandpa Peter Donahue

My cousin, Lyn, recently went onto ancestry.com and found this family photo of my Great Grandfather, Peter, and Great Grandmother, Julia, and their children including my Grandfather, Joseph James Donahue (farthest to the left). This sparked quite the conversation between several of us cousins through Facebook messaging! The consensus was that it would have been nice if my Uncle Paul and my mother, Joe Anne, had told us more about their aunts and uncles and explained the relationship dynamics in the family. Writing it down as a family record would have been useful. In any case, we could see how certain names had been passed down through the family. I am sure my mother would have been thrilled to know we were all taking such an interest in our ancestry.


No comments:

Post a Comment